Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is one type of help that many people find improves their quality of life. It’s a form of psychological therapy that helps you spot how some of your thoughts affect your actions and feelings which can improve how you feel, day-to-day.
CBT is traditionally delivered face-to-face. However, with Ieso, therapy takes place online making it much easier to access, as well as less daunting. Evidence shows that just as many people feel better after having CBT online as they do face-to-face. It is proven to be effective in treating a wide range of emotional health problems including stress, depression, anxiety and postnatal depression.
Online CBT is exactly the same as face-to-face CBT, other than that the conversation is typed on your computer. You’re still in a one-to-one conversation with a fully qualified therapist, usually for 60 minutes. The only difference is that you type your responses. Therapy is available 7 days a week, at a time to suit you including the evenings and all that is required is a PC, tablet or smartphone.
You might find online CBT helpful if you:
- like the idea of having a therapist’s undivided attention, discreetly without the pressure of being in the same room
- would like to be able to go back and review the advice you received between sessions and after the treatment has ended
- would find it difficult to travel to a therapist each week
- enjoy chatting to friends and family on social media or messaging services
- can’t easily go to appointments during the working day, due to your personal commitments
- value taking time to reflect and think about how you answer questions
You can click on the link below to learn more about this mode of therapy.
What is CBT video: https://vimeo.com/350990168
To be eligible for this service you must be aged 17 and a half and over and registered with a GP in Kirklees.